Thursday, April 22, 2010

Easter Sunday

Our Easter celebration consisted of MANY baskets of plastic eggs, socks, clothes, books, hair clips (HA!), knick knacks, toys, and LOTS of chocolate.  Makenna was nice enough to share with us.  :)

Hair clip - like I said, HA!  That lasted about 1.3 seconds.
Hunting Easter Eggs in her new outfit.  (Oh yeah, I forgot - I wasn't actually with Mak on her first birthday, April 2.  I was in Baltimore for work.  I was sad, but we did have a great party the weekend before, and she's not going to remember.  I left a cupcake and a smaller gift of the outfit and shoes for her to open with Papa on her actual birthday morning.  OH, and they re-enacted hula girl!)  Anyways....egg hunting in her new outfit.
Ruffle butt, bloomers, and chicken legs.  Oh the cuteness!
Love this series of pictures and her laugh.  She's got about 5 different laughs right now, as well as throwing her head back (and showing her 4 top tooth nubbins).
Reading her Easter book with Papa.

Last year on Easter, my dad had just gone back to WA, and we were alone with Makenna for the first time.  The Masters was on, Ken was cooking ham and scalloped potatoes, and Mak was sleeping on the couch next to me.  I'll have to go back and re-read that post.  I remember feeling so happy - I was home, I was content, and our daughter was here.  Our FAMILY.  Our little Murphy family.  WOW.  And now, 1 year later!

1 comment:

  1. I love your pics. Especially Baby girl with the volleyball. Such a natural.

    I keep up with your blog as much as I can.

    Love you coach,
    Dess

    ReplyDelete