Thursday, August 4, 2011

Boo, it's August.

August is so bittersweet.  It means volleyball camps (and an unpredictable schedule) are over.  It also means volleyball season is here; practice starts on Monday.  We love rooting for the Miners, but it means Ken is gone a whole lot.  Anyone wanna come visit???  Let's see, we are going on 1 week of potty training for Makenna.  I'll spare you the details, but she's doing pretty darn good.  Kellan is 3 months old.  He has great head control, sits up when propped on the couch, smiles, coos, loves to "talk" to us, follows us with his eyes, and is INCHES from rolling over - gets legs and hips over, but stuck on top of the arm.  Makenna was getting out of her big girl bed too often (5:30am, 6:00am, and 4:45am and one time from 12:00am-2:30am) - so we put her back in her crib in her new room.  Ken and I were just too exhausted.  Kellan is still in our room, and we'll move him once we don't feel the need for the monitor on Makenna.  He sleeps all night, so it doesn't bother me having him with us.  Most nights he sleeps until 6 or 6:30am.  Sometimes he will eat between 4-5am and go back to sleep.  I can't believe I lucked out with two children that sleep so well!

Here are some August photos.
So close to rolling over!
Makenna helping Kellan roll over.  She has a "po" (lollipop) from peeing on the potty!
I am cracking up at this face.  She was mad at me for the pigtails.  Grandma Barb says she has a certain "twinkle" in her eye that came from her Mama.  And by twinkle, she means mischief.
My cutie boy turned 3 months old!
Sitting up working on tummy muscles.
His first ballcap!  From Uncle Mike and Aunt Jody, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment