The pediatrician basically told us to stay in the house with Makenna for 6-8 weeks. I've had plenty of friends and moms tell me otherwise. So yesterday, I gathered up my courage (and a large diaper bag with everything I could
possibly need) and headed to Ken's UTEP volleyball scrimmage. (By the way, they
crushed Texas Tech!) It was the first time I've driven in the car with Makenna. We avoided the highway, stayed in the center lane, and went 5-10mph under the speed limit at all times. But we made it there safe. Makenna was the star of the show, since hardly anyone had seen her in person yet. She did great - she slept through the whistles and the crowd noise. She got hungry just in time for us to leave, which made for a long and painful (for mom) ride home. I could hardly stand her loud cries, but she wore herself out after a few minutes and slept the rest of the way home. Whew, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
Some totally non-related recent photos.
Isn't she beautiful?!?!

In the bouncy seat, staring at the monkey. The bouncy seat only lasted a couple of minutes, but we will keep trying.

So sweet. I love her!

In her crib, staring at the mobile....well, maybe. We think she catches small glimpses of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment