We went to the doc Thur morning (April 2), and he sent me to hospital to be induced. Got to 4cm on my own, got Pitocin at 12:30pm. Got epidural around 5cm, and that slowed things down way too much. The nurses were flipping me from left side to right side to try to help dilation. On one flip, Makenna's heartrate dropped drastically. I didn't look at the number - I was too freaked out by 4 nurses RUNNING into the room. Doc came soon after, around 9pm or so. The nurse thought I was around 7-8cm but the doc said 6 would be stretching it. He said he'd like to do a C-Section and not even take the risk of her heartrate dropping again. I was upset, but just ready for her to be out and safe. Turns out it was the best decision - the cord was around her neck. Whew. She was born at 10:23pm. 8lb, 3oz, 20 inches. She's beautiful and perfect, and we are smitten! I'm recovering well from the C-section, just have to remind myself to slow down sometimes. Her full name is Makenna Deborah Murphy.
Here are a few pics.
Just born, in the nursery.

Hanging out in mom's hospital room.

Pre-game pep talk with Papa.

Car ride home.
No comments:
Post a Comment