Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Health Update

Oops, I've neglected the blog for a few weeks. But with good reason. When we got back from our Washington trip, we noticed blood in Makenna's stool. I'll spare you the details, the trips to the doctors' offices, and the painful wait times in those offices. She had a staph infection. Staphylococcus aureus to be more exact. Do NOT do what I did....run home and hit up Google for more information on this bacteria. There is some scary information out there, and it had me up most nights, worrying. In layman's terms, staph aureus is the most common skin bacteria that we all carry. I don't know how it got into Makenna, or how it made her sick, but it did. She was on antibiotics for 10 days, and we just got good news today. No blood, and the second culture showed no signs of staph. YIPPEEEE! The doctor has asked me to bring a sample into the lab each week for 3 weeks, just to be sure. But thank goodness I don't have to schedule an appointment or wait for a doctor.

Now that you're updated, I'll catch you up on the cuteness that is our daughter!

(P.S. For a friendlier version of staph, I have ordered this for Makenna from www.GiantMicrobes.com - it's a staph bug!)

No comments:

Post a Comment