Monday, October 12, 2009

Mesilla Valley Farms

My friend Kim moved to Las Cruces a few months ago. She has a wonderful group of mom friends that regularly get together for play dates and fun activities. They are always so nice to include Makenna and me. The drive is only about 30-45 minutes depending on our meet up place. This weekend we went out to Mesilla Valley Farms. They had a pumpkin patch, corn maze, yummy treats, and a million activities for the kids.

We were supposed to go last weekend, but got rained out. So this weekend, it was just a little overcast and the perfect temperature. I dressed Makenna in lightweight long sleeves and pants just in case. When we got there - I realized I made a big first-time-mom mistake. SUN PROTECTION!!! Up until now, we were not supposed to use sunscreen (until they are 6 months old). And I didn't have a sun hat for her. Luckily, the other moms helped me out. Whew! It was a gorgeous day, and we had so much fun. I came home with a few tiny pumpkins in orange and white to decorate.
Strapped into the Bjorn.
Reece is a corn on the cob!
Taking a break in the shade.
Frowny, but cute.
The obligatory hay bale and cornstalk photo op.

No comments:

Post a Comment