Sunday, March 18, 2012

March march march!

We're still here, just plugging our way through recruiting season.  The traveling is not yet done....I have 3 more trips and Ken has a couple of UTEP spring tournaments and some possible recruiting trips.  We cannot wait for May to get here and a break!!!  The kids are getting bigger, smarter, and more fun every day.  2 weeks from tomorrow, Makenna will be THREE!  I cannot believe it.  She knows that means cupcakes at school!  She can tell you she is two, but that she will be 3 on her birthday.  Ken and I have been so impressed by her vocabulary lately.  She has more new words every day, and is speaking in full sentences.  There's some jibber-jabber in there often, but she is certainly a chatterbox.  Ken and I don't know whose DNA she has, neither of us are overly talkative.  Kellan is very very close to walking.  He can stand using the couch, let go, balance, and stutter step 1-2 "steps".  Or, he'll just throw his entire body weight at me - I have to make sure to pay attention.

Wrestle-mania.


It was Dr. Seuss' birthday in early March, so it was Cat in the Hat week at school.  Mak had JUST the outfit!  Thanks cousin DJ and Sara for the shirt!!  It was a big hit!
Later that day....they made Cat in the Hat hats, and got cat faces!  How cute.
I generally don't put Makenna in anything more fancy than play clothes for school - they play pretty hard.  But she insisted on this "dress" one day.  Because it was a "dress" a year ago, it is now just a long shirt.  I added some leggings, and she grabbed the Hello Kitty socks.  Ah, the fashion of 2 year olds!
Makenna and Kellan have begun to play together a lot recently.  While I still have to keep a close eye on them, it's fun to watch.  Kellan is a VERY fast crawler, and Makenna takes off after him.  Both squealing with delight!
Go, Kellan, Go!
Look at this sweet face!  Playing in her tent.
Hello Kitty is a minor obsession.
Yay for warm weather and swings!
Even Kellan got in on the swing action.
WHEEEEE!



Candid photo taken while the kiddos played together one morning.
Ok.  This is hilarious.  I was busy in the kitchen one morning, and Ken was reading.  While we weren't quite paying close enough attention, Makenna played a trick on little brother!  SO FUNNY!
Kellan trying to grab the iPad.  Another techy-kid.
Looking grown-up and handsome in his polo shirt and plaid shorts!



Makenna was soooo proud of her Lego tower.  Then she smacked it into oblivion 2 seconds after the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment