Every now and then, Makenna comes home with a tummy bug. It's ok, I expect a certain number of bugs from school. The tough part is when it happens in the middle of the night, and especially when Ken is gone. Makenna woke up around 11:30pm one night a few weeks ago, throwing up her dinner. She emptied her tummy several times, we washed sheets, got her a bath, got her back to bed....and it didn't stop. I was up with her every 30-40 minutes ALL NIGHT. I did about 5 loads of laundry, ruined a few pillows, and neither of us slept too much. She was up at 6 the next morning, wanting to watch cartoons. Kellan got up around 7, and I set up a semi-quarantine and washed my hands as much as possible. At 8, Makenna fell asleep on the floor and didn't move for about 2 1/2 hours. Poor kid! After that she nibbled some snacks, drank lots of water, and was back to normal the next day. All we do is survive on these days! Luckily, neither Kellan nor I felt sick.
 |
| The Quarantine. |
 |
| She cozied right up on the floor. |
 |
| Ollie playing nurse. |
No comments:
Post a Comment