I have been reminded by a few people that I haven't been keeping up on my blogging duties! My two creatures are taking up lots of my time these days!
July was busy busy busy. I made 3 trips in July, and was home a total of only 7 days.
The first trip was July 2-8, Kellan and I went to Ohio for work. I had the Girls' Junior National Volleyball Championships in Dayton. My cousin and her family live in Cincinnati. We flew into Cincinnati, rented a car, drove to Loveland (45 minutes from airport), stayed at the Dickmans' house, and drove up to Dayton the next morning. Got checked into the hotel and walked over to the tournament. Luckily, we usually get hotels close to the event - this one was connected via skywalk. I don't have many pics - I sit at a desk with a computer and equipment (boring) - but here are a few from my phone. Kellan stayed with me for a few days, and then I had a softball tournament - the temperature was in the 100's that week and humid - so my cousin drove up to get him and he stayed with them for 2 nights until I returned on Saturday and flew home on Sunday. It worked out great, and he made some new friends, even if he missed his mama and was a little sad.
I was really worried about sleeping in a hotel room with Kellan. He's at that age where he can stand up and see me - and cry that I won't pick him up. But he did GREAT. (Granted, he was exhausted from too few naps during the day....) The first night I laid him down in the crib and not even a peep.....and then the FIREWORKS started. Downtown Dayton apparently celebrates on July 3. Luckily, Kellan slept through the entire thing, and stirred just a little during the huge finale. Whew.
 |
| Fireworks from our hotel window. |
 |
| Happy 4th of July! Kellan hung out at my work desk with me, read books, and "chatted" with lots of people. |
 |
| Kellan's designated nap spot - my shoulder - with his snuggly blanket. |
 |
| At the Cincinnati airport on our way home to Papa and Makenna. |
No comments:
Post a Comment