Wednesday, September 12, 2012

September and school

September has been filled with school and volleyball!  Makenna is learning letters, her name, her teachers' names, her friends' names, and painting!  Kellan is still adjusting to school, but the ladies in the nursery just LOVE him.  They tell me what a sweet personality he has, and that he loves to give hugs.  When both kids go to school, I head up to the gym to try to get back into shape.  When Kellan is home with me, we hang out, play, and nap.

We've been a tiny bit housebound due to the West Nile down here - I'm a little paranoid.  The late summer thunderstorms create standing water which are mosquito breeding grounds.  It's normally buggy here at this time of year - I got 3 bites in less than 2 minutes the other day.  You can have West Nile and not really have symptoms, but it can affect the little ones way more than adults with healthy immune systems.  I tried bug spray for a few days, but it wasn't helping much.  I'd rather keep these kiddos safe!  Of the 2600 reported cases in the US this year, 1200 have been in Texas.  They even did big air sprays from planes in Dallas.

The Miners started off slow, but have made huge improvements the last week and a half.  They are sitting at 4-5 overall, and conference play starts tomorrow (Thursday).  I am hoping for a great season for Ken and for the kids who have put in so much work.

Makenna went through a phase of hiding from the camera...now she wants her photos taken and wants to see the digital image right away.
Mak and I started the after-school Popsicle tradition last year, and now Kellan has joined us!


These two kiddos just love each other.  He follows her around, copying whatever she does.
MUSCLES!  The kids have learned the fine art of FLEXING.  Tooooo funny.
Muscles AND hugs!


The kiddos playing together.



Live action shot of "muscles"!

No comments:

Post a Comment